So this is a quick shout out for Brenden. His birthday was on the 9th. He is such a great, smart and funny kid. I cannot believe that he is already 9 years old. He grows everyday...and is seriously going to be taller than me before we know it. It seems like just yesterday, Jason and I were at the Diamondbacks game and it went a little like you would expect. Jason loving our awesome seats...paying attention to the game with all that he has. Me...well I am timing contractions, thinking about what is going to happen soon, so uncomfortable in those stadium seats, and for some reason I have a nervous calm about me. I remember it so clearly. So in the 7th inning, I told Jason that my contractions were 5 mins apart and we might have to leave the game early. He assured me that I would be fine and the game was almost over...to his defense we had already been sent home from the hospital(I hate those false alarms). Luckily for me contractions stayed the same...all night in fact. The next morning I went to the doctor and we were sent to the hospital. I can remember the exact feeling I had when I saw Brenden for the first time. Something that stays with a mother. He was perfect...cone head and all. I felt more happiness than ever that day. I wouldn't change it for anything. He always brightens my day in some way, he is such a good brother(especially to Kenzie). I love that he absolutely adores Jason and wants to be like him in every way. I love you Brenden..now stop all this growing would you???
Here are a few pics of him...I sure miss him being little!
Some of his favorite things...dirt bikes and the lake.



Who could forget when he bit completely through his tongue, broke his leg and broke his arm...all in year!


His third birthday at Disneyland...

The first day of Kintergarten....I was so sad, he was not.

And his most favorite thing today...his dog and best buddy!

We love you Bubba G!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Brenden! Your are getting so big, and I bet you can even take down your mom in a wrestling match :) Soon you will be going into Young mens and then taking girls out on dates. Don't worry mom, not for a few more years. We miss you all and hope to see you soon.
I can't believe you have a 9 year old Shay... we're getting so old!:) Happy Birthday Brenden!!!
Wow Shay, your kids are growing up fast! We loved seeing you last December! You are such a great mom!! Love looking at your blog!
Post a Comment