Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Catching up...well a little

Things have been crazy here. So if you actually read my blog,(my mother in law) I am sorry I have been a total slacker! Here is a run down of what each of us, the Johnson Family has been up to lately. We will start at the top and work down, just because I am organized like that.
So Jason:) he has been busy busy with school and work. He found out that he got a ton of wrong advise from a counselor at school. Totally frustrating...but what do you do. We thought he would be able to get into the nursing program this fall...but that is just not going to happen. So he will apply to the program and will have to wait. In the mean time he has enough credits to graduate with an associates in science degree. I don't know how he does it but he does and our family always comes first....which makes me one grateful woman!
So Shay:)...or aka me. I have also been extra busy. Since I only have Kenzie home now I thought I should go back to school too. I am taking 13 credits this semester online. It has been good. Crazy but good. Besides that I pretty much do everything you would expect of a mom of 4 crazy fun kids.
Brenden:)

is such a great kid. He has been playing fall baseball. Which of course Jason loves. He is totally girl crazy and is going to be taller than me soon. Real soon. His shoes are bigger than mine. He likes his new school and has made tons of friends. He likes to be outside riding his bike or playing with his friends but his nose is usually stuck in a book. I can't ever keep up with what he is reading because he goes through them so fast. He is super quick to defend his sisters...sometimes too quick, if I am the one trying to teach them a lesson.
Hailey:)

is growing up way too fast. She is all girl unless she is on the soccer field and you had better stay out of her way. She is slowly adjusting to the new school and misses her friends. She likes our new ward and Jason and I are lucky enough to be her primary teachers. She is still a huge help to me. She puts her whole heart into everything that she does. She is super competitive and since she comes by it naturally we think it is a really good thing.
Rylie:)

is a crack up. She is all or nothing. Happy or sad. We all call her "2 cents", because she is always adding her 2cents to whatever anyone else says. She really loves Kindergarten. She is quite social, as you could imagine. One day Kenzie and I went to surprise her and have lunch with her at the school. It took me a minute to find her because all the girls in her class were sitting together and Rylie was sitting right in the middle of all the boys. We are working on the temper that comes with the RED Hair....I have come to realize that it will be a long road.
Kenzie:)

She is my baby...but she is growing so fast. She loves being home with me alone. I love it too. She loves to go to the mall and get a pretzel. We hold hands and giggle and shop. I seriously am not ready for her to start school in the fall. She is quite spoiled, not just by me but by everyone. OK, mostly by me. She loves to ride her bike and help in the kitchen. She has a REAL love for high heels. She wears mine all the time. Everyday. When we got her new Sunday shoes she cried because they don't sell high heels in her size. My Grams sent her an old pair of gold and clear high heels. She wanted to wear them to church. I almost gave in, that is how spoiled she is. Of course she still makes messes but not quite as often....if you don't count the hot pink fingernail polish on my kitchen table.

2 comments:

The Prewitts said...

Patti isn't the only one that reads your blog! I love reading it. The kids are growing up so fast. I wish someone would tell them to knock it off! Love you guys!

busbyhive said...

So fun to read about your kids! I wish we were closer so my kids could play and get to know yours. You're such a great mom Shay!!