Lindsey and the girls..they absolutely adore her.
Brenden with Griffin
Hailey, Kenzie, Molly and Rex...
Thanksgiving
We love to go to Prescott to Jason's Uncle Brian's house for Thanksgiving. It was really cold this year...which made the 4 wheeler rides freezing. Brian and Dustin were troopers and still took the kids. They love the horses and chickens(which had real eggs)...according to Rylie. Brenden was where the dogs were which is pretty normal. He is always saying if I am not going to give him a brother I should at least buy him a dog. Maybe someday...
Heber Trip
After Thanksgiving I drove to Heber with the kids. Jason had to work and STUDY so he could not come. We hated being there without him...but we still had a blast. We went bowling and enjoyed the company of Papa and Grandma. Some other highlights were..riding the 4 wheeler(it was freezing), actually needing a fire, hot chocolate in the mornings, seeing Tiffany and her family and of course Dairy Queen. Thanks to Grandma and Papa for everything.
Hailey must feel like some kinda Gangster in that hat....
Birthday Cake????
Tonight at dinner we were talking about the real meaning of Christmas and I am explaining to Rylie that we want to celebrate the birth of Christ. And our conversation went like this...
Rylie...Is it Jesus's birthday??
Me...Yep..
Rylie...Can we make him a cake?
Me...I think that is a great idea.
Jason comes home from school and she tells him we are going to make Jesus a cake and he is going to come over to eat it with us.
Jason...Rylie, do you know where Jesus lives?
Rylie...Yes, he lives at the temple, so he can come over for cake. I am so excited cause I miss him so much.
Jason...Jesus lives in heaven and he can't just come here for cake.
Me..I am sure he will like it if we make him a cake and eat it all together.
Rylie..But I want him to come over for cake!...she stormed off to her room, mad..of course.


3 comments:
I love the idea about making Jesus a cake. Ethan and I had a similar conversation, more like a two year old though. I told him that at Christmas time we celebrate Jesus' birthday. He said, 'cake', and I said, 'sure... that's a great idea!' I love kids... especially around the holidays!
Dont you just love the things our kids say?!?! You must be so proud that she loves Jesus so much, way to instill those values. I love Haileys gangster pose, your kids are so fun!
Looks like you guys had a great time over Thanksgiving! I just got done puting my Christmas blog background on and then looked at your blog and we both have the same background! What can I say...great minds think alike! By the way In'm not changing it :)! Hee hee!
Post a Comment