Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Summer Fun!

Last week we had tons of fun with water and friends! There is just something that I love about the summer time even if it is 110 outside. Monday and Tuesday were consumed with laundry, grocery shopping and a little resting after our trip.
On Wednesday we went to a slip-n-slide water party that my ward had. Kenzie cracked me up because she had to wear her goggles when she went down the slide. No pictures...sorry. Then that night Jason and I had softball practice and anyone who knows me knows what happened next! yep...sprained my left ankle AGAIN.
It really was not too bad and I could put pressure on it..so no biggie. This kept up home bound for most of Thursday.

Friday morning I met my Grams to drop off Brenden. He went to stay for the weekend with her and my Dad. They rode 4 wheelers, went fishing and swimming. He had a blast. Thanks, Dad...you are best.

Friday we went swimming with two of my friends...Andrea and Emily. We enjoyed pizza, watermelon and swimming.


Rylie and Jocelyn..

Parker, Jocelyn, Rylie, Hailey and Maddie


Then Friday around 5pm I met my EA girls for dinner. I love keeping up with everyone...they make me laugh so hard! It is my kind of therapy...
Next I came home, taped up my ankle and went to play our softball game. It was a really fun game! And of course my awesome husband hit one out of the park!
It was a busy day.
Saturday the plan was to do tons of landscaping. We needed to trim all our plants and trees. I needed to get the backyard ready for a water slide activity on Monday. As I was helping Jason move Kenzie and Rylies playhouse I stepped in a hole and sprained my ankle again!! This time it was worse. I also woke up that morning with a sore throat and by noon I knew I had strep. Started some antibiotics and I still am not feeling that great. Better but not great.
Sunday I was really tested when I had to wake up at 6 am to make it to 8am church. I kept thinking who likes early morning church?? My foot was so very sore, I sounded like I had a frog in my throat but I needed to teach my nursery class. So off we went. I came home and took a nap while Jason went home teaching.
Monday I had a primary activity at my house for all the activity days girls. We had our giant water slide set up and the girls loved it. They also made these really cute flower flip flops and of course pizza! It was tons of fun...it is seriously the best calling ever! I was totally worn out when it was done. Brenden got to come home just before it started. Here is Kenzie again with her goggles. Kinda reminds me of scuba steve....

Since the water slide has to be totally dry before we can put it away, we have had to have Ryker inside for a day. More than I like but Brenden was in heaven...and he is such a great dog I really should not complain. They both are really asleep...I just can't get Brenden to sleep in pajamas. Oh well...less laundry right?

This weekend we will be going to HEBER for the 4th. We look forward to this all year long and can't wait to get up there!

2 comments:

Aunt Tiff said...

Oh my goodness!!! SO much fun!!! Hope to see you SOON!!

The Nunes' said...

Our dinners are definitely the best therapy! I LOVE laughing until my stomach hurts... we need to do it again soon!!!