So we have been pretty busy around here lately. I thought I could do a little update on the entire family.
Jason is almost done with this semester...yeah!! No more Calculus...at least for now. He works so hard for our family. I do not know how he keeps up with everything! Funny story: the other night Brenden and Hailey wanted to sleep on the trampoline. Jason thought it would be so funny to get dressed all in black, put a scary Halloween mask on, and scare the crap out of them. I was a little worried, but Jason is a big kid when it comes to this kind of stuff so off he went. He jumped over our fence, and I watched him crawl across the rocks. As he got up to the trampoline Brenden was like "Dad tell me that you"...and Hailey was sound asleep! Pretty entertaining for me to see Jason crawl across the dark backyard. I was glad that they were not too scared.
Brenden is growing way to fast. We wear the same size of shoe, which is nice when I want to buy him some, I just try them on to see if they would fit. Before long the kid is going to be taller than me. He tested into the gifted program at his school. We are very proud of him. Not many kids are able to get into this program(like 3% of kids that test) and it will be very good for him. He will have to change schools, but does not seem to mind. Football is almost over...thank goodness! This season has seemed to be a waste of time. Bad coaching = you learn nothing...and you do not even get a workout in. He is looking forward to the summer and his birthday. He likes to go to work with Jason and he likes making money! But he likes spending it more...
Hailey finished soccer, with an awesome last game. She is so competitive, I love it! I took her to the doctor just before her last game. She was diagnosed with a form of Stills Disease. Which basically means that her growth plates get irritated easily. She has been favoring one of her legs. I thought that she might have pulled a muscle between soccer and running team. It just kept getting worse so I took her in. She has to stretch morning and night and she has to wear a insert in her shoes. It is pretty uncomfortable for her and she has to take Ibuprofen before and after any exercise. If she can get healed up during the summer she can play soccer again next season. She also has tight heal cords which is making it worse and it makes it harder for her to get healthy. I guess it could be worse! She is about to lose another tooth, FINALLY! She is pretty dramatic with everything right now..and it makes me wonder what the teenage years are going to be like.
Rylie is getting so tall. I did not notice it until Jason's Dad pointed it out. She is so much fun. She just learned to ride her bike without her training wheels. She is so proud. She could not wait for Brenden and Hailey to get home from school to show them. They were so good and acted like it was the coolest thing they had ever seen, even though they both did not see what the big deal was. At least she did not know that. Her hair is growing slowly, but at least it is growing. The other morning Jason heard her wake up in her bed. She stretched and said "it is going to be a beautiful day"...this is pretty much the way she looks at the world. I love it!
Kenzie is still a mess. It seems like she goes in waves...right now she is in a messy wave. She is always into something. Yesterday she painted the bathroom with pink fingernail polish while I was at the store. She is always saying" I didn't mean too", or "Mommy are you mad at me??" She keeps us on our toes. She loves Ryker and spends a lot of time with him outside. He goes down the slide just like her and she loves that.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
SUPER SUPER BUSY!!! Life just never slows down...EVER!!! When you guys comin up next?
That was such a nice little update Shay! I'm so PROUD of Brenden... what a smart little boy! And poor Hailey... I've never even heard of that before. Growing pains are bad enough, but that sounds terrible! And wouldn't it be GREAT if we all felt the same way as Rylie when we woke up in the morning... too bad I've never been much of a morning person!:)
Sounds you sure are busy at your house! I will hopefully be down there this summer, maybe in August? I dunno, but I will for sure come visit you when I'm there! I sure miss you! I'm glad to hear that things are going so great for you and your cute family:)
Post a Comment